ACA Aetna Health Plans
ACA BlueCross BlueShield Health Plans
United Health Care
ACA Cigna Health Plans
ACA Humana Plans
2016 Open Enrollment for
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Health Insurance
Starts November 1st, 2015 and ends January 31st, 2016
To avoid penalties, everyone is required to enroll in the mandated benefits unless they are in the "exempt category".
The process of enrollment is very complex and INS/MARK can assist you in making your selections and the actual enrollment.
INS/MARK represents most of the major health insurances that issue policies in Texas and Louisiana. Our representatives are professionally licensed and certified to assist with on and off Federal Exchanges created by the ACA.
The selection and applications are very complex
and we can help by sharing our professional knowledge
that is needed to assure a more pleasant experience.
Important items needed for enrollment:
- Take the time to review and ask questions about your options during the enrollment periods. Make sure that you are informed about deductibles, in and out of networks and any additional out of pocket expenses.
- Make sure your providers (doctors, labs, hospitals, etc.) accept the plan you selected.
- Determine if you are eligible for a government subsidy. A qualified representative can assist and guide you through this phase of your selections.
- Do not wait until the last moment to start your enrollment.
- Work with a certified and licensed representative for a more pleasant and accurate experience.
Explore how an INS/MARK representative can show you
ways to reduce your deductible and out of pocket expenses.
Important Health Insurance Marketplace dates
You can generally buy health insurance only during the annual open enrollment period. Upcoming dates to know:
- November 01, 2015: 2015 open enrollment begins
- January 31, 2016: 2016 open enrollment ends
To buy insurance outside open enrollment, you must qualify for a special enrollment period due to a qualifying life event such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, or loss of a job.
Open enrollment for 2016 coverage ends January 31, 2016. If you havenít enrolled in coverage by then, you generally can't enroll in 2016 coverage until the next open enrollment period.
If you don't have health coverage in 2016, you may have to pay a penalty.
Enrollment and coverage start dates
During open enrollment, if you enroll:
- between the 1st and 15th days of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the next month.
- between the 16th and the last day of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the second following month. So if you enroll on December 16, your coverage starts on February 1.
CALL OR E-MAIL us today for prompt and professional service:
William P. Sartain Agent/Broker
Federally Faciliated Marketplace (FFM) Id: WMPSARTAIN
National Producer No. (NPN): 1060114
Texas Insurance License No: 634962
Louisiana Insurance License No: 168537